This blog serves as a small corner of the world for the ramblings, thoughts, dreams, and perspectives of an individual.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - LIVING ROOMS



This is something I saw occurring on another blogger's page (http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/), and I thought it looked like a lot of fun. If you'd like to join (even after the "Friday" factor- like I did), please do! (Click on the picture above to get to Kelly's blog, where I found this event.) I missed the Kitchen edition last week.

Here is my living room!

Yes-- it's small. Yes-- it's a rental. Yes-- it (often) needs to be vaccummed, and yes-- it has the world's sweetest dog laying there. But best of all, it is all Mine to enjoy! Outside of being in my bed & asleep, this room is where I spend the majority of my time while I'm at home. I have my laptop here, which is where I do paperwork for school or play around on facebook or the internet. TV & movies. I can fall asleep so easily on that couch. I bought the four prints above the couch with my very first paycheck after college (love those bi-monthly deposits!). They are various paintings of Italian countryside, with my favorite colors. The green frame above my (garage sale) entertainment center is a watercolor of Heidelberg, Germany, that I bought from the original artist. Above that city is the first castle that I ever experienced, and remember so clearly. I was in SO much awe on that day - Europe was brand-new to me at that time! My eyes were literally widening every second. LR: Various photographs of loved family & friends. And though it's hard to see above- I have a stunning view of Sedona's famous Bell Rock from that spot on the couch. My living room is sunny and brightly lit during the day, and cool & dark at night. It's become a safe retreat for me, and a quiet haven after a hectic day full of loud & demanding teenagers and crazy staff members. I love that I share it with the best little rez dog in the world, my sweet Sayde. She loves to lay on her pillows, and does so for hours as she watches the quail, birds, and lizards go by in the backyard. My only request is that I wish I could paint the walls; these are currently a pinky-tan, with a lot more pink than tan. It is much mmore apparent in person, not so much in pictures. I notice it all the time, even after 2 years of living here... Fortunately it doesn't show well in pictures!



Thanks for stopping by! Friends and family are welcome here, anytime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey! Thanks for de-lurking on my blog! :) It gives me more motivation to post more often. The last few weeks have been so hectic at work that I haven't had much energy to even think about the blog!

I love the pic of your view from your living room. I grew up in Scottsdale and I always loved visiting Sedona, it's gorgeous!

Danielle said...

I like your place! It has great natural light! And the four prints are great! Oh I wish I had a view like yours...I have a picture of that rock! I was born and lived in Phoenix for a bit and still have lots of family I visit there. I love when I get a chance to visit Sedona. My blog's heading picture is taken up the road at Oak Creek. We rented a jeep and took the kiddos up in that area to drive around and to play at Sliding Rock.