This blog serves as a small corner of the world for the ramblings, thoughts, dreams, and perspectives of an individual.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

For Today: May 20th, 2009

For Today
Outside my window: The sky is gray and cloudy, and the sun is almost fully set. The air is quiet.
I am thankful for: Honey lemonade from New Frontiers
From the kitchen: Sesame bagels and cream cheese
I am wearing: My "life is good" jammies- I always change when I get home from school.
I am reading: "Look Me in the Eye," by John Elder Robison. It's a wonderful and personal tale of a man's perception of the world while strggling with Asperger's Syndrome.
I am hoping: That I can get all of my paperwork completed this week...
I am creating: Helped my mom plan the menu of food we'll eat on our river trip this June!
I am hearing: The washing machine on the rinse cycle, the tv on low volume
Around the house: Sayde is sleeping next to the couch where I am laid out, my cup of lemonade sitting on the table. I have a pile of clean socks to match on the dining room table and a dishwasher full of dishes to put away. Small chores such as those can wait until this weekend- oh wait- I mean- summer vacation!!
One of my favorite things: The coffee creamer called "Italian Sweet Cream." So delicious with my Starbucks espresso roasted coffee every morning. Mmm.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Continuing the file organization/paperwork completion at school. I am hoping to get my list of "to-do's" crossed off, and to keep having the kids boxing up stuff for me. (They will work very eagerly for food!) So much still to do. SO. MUCH.
A happy thought for the day: Evening here, as it's nearly 8 pm. My happy thought for today was getting to see one of my (former) 8th grade students, unexpectedly. BP held its promotion last night, so this student now is now officially a 9th grade freshman. My timing was perfect as I drove by his house as he was at the mailbox. I loved getting to see his smile and hear his laugh at least one more time... It truly brings such happiness to my heart. I will miss him fiercely.

Perhaps I'll put together a post of end-of-year photos... It's been a crazy last few weeks, but they've been FUN. (Mostly. ha.) 1 1/2 more days of the school-year. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

oooh, how'd I love to see a post of year-end photos, Lindsey! I envy that you're in Northern Arizona, but our southern region is brewing a stormy sky which will do for a cozy day in.